It was a busy day for several Mariners players prior to tonight’s game vs. the Yankees. Four players (Tom Wilhelmsen, Charlie Furbush, Lucas Luetge, Brandon Maurer) took over the MLB Fan Cave, and Michael Morse and Raul Ibanez were guests at the MLB.com headquarters to participate in the Edward Jones Chatting Cage.
We’ll post some video and more photos of the two visits later, but here a few quick pics of the guys from this morning.
A new episode of Mariners All-Access debuts this morning at 9:30 am PT.
This week’s show is dedicated to Dan Wilson and Randy Johnson, who will be inducted into the Mariners Hall of Fame next Saturday. Here’s a rundown of what will be featured on today’s show:
- Brad Adam goes in-depth on the career of Dan Wilson, talking with the former catcher about his baseball life in Seattle and what this city means to him.
- Jen Mueller talks to Randy Johnson about his Hall of Fame career beginning in Seattle. You’ll hear from former coaches and teammates about what they thought of the Big Unit when he first arrived from Montreal.
- Angie Mentink looks at the turning point in Randy Johnson’s career and how this one time wild thrower turned into a Cy Young Pitcher.
- Inside the Numbers on the careers of Wilson and Johnson (for you statheads).
In addition to debuting at 9:30 am this morning, the Hall of Fame edition of Mariners All-Access will re-air Monday (7/23, 6 pm), Tuesday (7/24, 6 pm), Thursday (7/26, 6pm) and Saturday (7/28, 12 pm).
With Opening Day vs. the A’s less than 12 hours away in Japan (3:04 am PT), the excitement for the 2012 season is building. And ROOT Sports has you covered when it comes to coverage of the Mariners.
A special edition of Mariners All-Access airs tonight at 7 pm PT (and replays at 10:30 pm) with coverage of the Mariners trip to Japan. A special portion of the show features Manager Eric Wedge, infielder Alex Liddi and pitcher Hisashi Iwakuma visiting with Japanese youth baseball players in an area devastated by the March 2011 tsunami. There will also be interviews with Mariners players on their thoughts of being in Japan and opening the 2012 season against the A’s in the Tokyo Dome.
And for you night owls staying up for the season opener, set your alarm a little earlier for the debut of the Mariners All-Access Japan Show at 2:30 am (replays at 10:30 pm Wednesday night).
And just to keep you up to speed, here is how you can listen to (710 ESPN Seattle) and watch (ROOT Sports) the 2012 season opener against the Oakland A’s:
Radio Coverage (710 ESPN Seattle):
- LIVE PREGAME SHOW: 2:00 am
- LIVE GAME BROADCAST: first pitch at 3:04 am
- GAME REPLAY: immediately after the live broadcast, the game will be replayed in its entirety
- POSTGAME: after the replay, the Brock and Salk Show will serve as a de facto postgame show
- Radio broadcast also available on Mariners.com for subscribers
TV Coverage (ROOT Sports):
- ALL-ACCESS: MARINERS IN JAPAN: 2:30 am
- LIVE GAME BROADCAST: air time 3:00 am, first pitch at 3:04 am
- GAME REPLAY: 7:30 pm
- ALL-ACCESS: MARINERS IN JAPAN: 10:30 pm
- Game also available on Mariners.com/MLB.tv for subscribers
- MLB Network will air the game on tape-delay at 6 am PT, and will re-air later in the day at 7 pm PT. MLB Network will televise the ROOT Sports feed of both games, which will be available on MLB Network in the Athletics home television territory. The games will be blacked out on MLB Network in the Mariners home television territory
Thursday was a busy media day for the Mariners, with the annual Pre-Spring Training Media Day at Safeco Field. The event features a number of guests, including several members of the Baseball Operations Department, Manager Eric Wedge, General Manager Jack Zduriencik, outfielders Michael Saunders and Mike Carp and catcher Jesus Montero. Here is a listing of Podcasts from various radio interviews from Thursday:
- Manager Eric Wedge and GM Jack Zduriencik with Brock & Salk on 710 ESPN Seattle
- Pitching Coach Carl Willis with Dave “Softy” Mahler on Sports Radio KJR
- Catcher Jesus Montero with Ian Furness and Jason Puckett on Sports Radio KJR
- Manager Eric Wedge with Ian Furness and Jason Puckett on Sports Radio KJR
- Outfielder Michael Saunders with Gas and Elise on Sports Radio KJR
- INF/OF Mike Carp was a guest on New Day Northwest
And here are a few links from interviews conducted on media row at the Seattle Sports Star of the Year event Wednesday:
- Eric Wedge joins Jim Moore and Mike Salk of 710 ESPN Seattle
- Jack Zduriencik and Jay Buhner join Jim Moore and Mike Salk of 710 ESPN Seattle
- Jesus Montero and Eric Wedge with Gas and Elise on Sports Radio KJR
- Jack Zduriencik and Seattle Storm President Karen Bryant with Gas and Elise on Sports Radio KJR