Mariners All-Access from ROOT SPORTS
This week on Mariners All-Access from ROOT SPORTS, we take advantage of the upcoming Eastern road trip to talk to the guys about some of their experiences in Boston and Detroit.
- Canó home run pace – Robinson Canó is having a career year at the plate and is on a scorching home run pace. Right now, he’s among the tops in offense in the American League, right up there with Boston’s David Ortiz.
- Ortiz Final Season – Speaking of Big Papi, he announced this is the final year of his Big League career. Mariners players share their thoughts on his Hall of Fame career, including Steve Cishek, who grew up in Massachusetts, and Wade Miley, who was his Red Sox teammate last season.
- Fenway Aura – The historic ballpark itself is one of the more awe-inspiring places in the game, which makes the Big League debuts of Adam Lind and Leonys Martin, both at the venerable old park, even more memorable.
- Pitching Mechanics – Joaquin Benoit explains how he throws his fastball.
- Persistence – Benoit rebounded from an injury early this season but that’s nothing compared to his comeback following shoulder surgery earlier in his career. A look at how his persistence paid off.
- Hampton’s Debut – The trip to Detroit is a homecoming of sorts for Benoit who pitched for the Tigers for three seasons. And it will be a trip down memory lane for Mike Hampton, Mariners Bullpen Coach, who made his big league debut in Detroit for Lou Piniella.
- Cape Cod League – It’s the most prestigious summer league in the country and a handful of the Mariners share their memories of playing in the league and give insight on what makes it so special.
- Coaches on Griffey – Tim Bogar, Mariners Bench Coach, and Casey Candaele, First Base Coach, reflect on the remarkable career of Ken Griffey Jr. as we continue our Countdown to Cooperstown.
- High Speed Review – And we take a look back at the week that was with the quick review of the best highlights and interviews.
Mariners All Access airs:
- Sunday at noon, 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Monday at 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday at 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday at 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday at 9:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday at noon