Cano Joins Elite Company with 30th Double
With his double last night vs. the Athletics, Robinson Canó recorded his 30th double of the season and his 11th consecutive 30-double season, which is a historic feat:
- Becomes the 6th player with 11 consecutive seasons with 30 doubles in baseball history: Stan Musial (13), Honus Wagner (13), Tris Speaker (12), Joe Medwick (11), Ed Delahanty (11), Robinson Canó (11).
- Only player with 30 doubles in each of the last 11 seasons (each season since 2005).
- Becomes the 26th player dating back to 1901 with at least 11 30-double seasons.
- Is the first player in MLB history to record 11 consecutive 30-double seasons to open a career. Previous record was 10 by Albert Pujols.
- Becomes the 4th active player with 11 30-double seasons, joining Albert Pujols (12), David Ortiz (11), Adrian Beltre (11).
Here is a video clip of Cano’s historic double: