This week on Mariners All-Access on ROOT SPORTS – more with Nelson Cruz, and a look at how Danny Farquhar has gotten himself back on track with his favorite pitch.
- Nelson Cruz – More from the conversation between Mike Blowers and Nelson Cruz on his approach at the plate, specifically on how it changes with two-strikes in the count, what he does when he’s in a slump and the signals he’s looking for from both pitchers and catchers to give him an upper hand in an at-bat.
- Hitters approach to first pitch – Cruz and other Mariners hitters explain how they approach the first pitch in an at-bat. Find out what they say about whether it’s worth taking it to try and drive the pitch count up, or swing away.
- Manny Machado on Nelson Cruz – Cruz makes a bigger impact in the clubhouse than the numbers he produces on the field. His former Baltimore teammate dishes on what makes Cruz a special player and how he impacts teammates with his approach.
- MVP conversation – Brad Adam and Jason Bay offer their thoughts on where Cruz fits into the conversation for American League MVP.
- Danny Farquhar Technically Speaking – Danny explains how he developed his favorite pitch – the cutter.
Mariners All Access airs:
- Sunday noon & 7:30pm
- Monday 6pm
- Tuesday 6pm
- Friday midnight
- Saturday 3pm