Mariners All-Access: Special Hall of Fame Edition
This week on ROOT SPORTS’ Mariners All-Access, a special Friday debut of Randy Johnson: Journey to Cooperstown.
The half-hour program takes a look at Randy’s long and amazing career and the legacy he left Major League Baseball. Highlights include:
- Career Accomplishments – a brief rundown of the numbers that landed Randy in the Hall of Fame.
- Facing Randy – Randy Johnson had a reputation of being an intimidating presence and a dominating pitcher. Hear from players who faced the Big Unit and find out what it was like to be behind the plate when he was pitching.
- Randy as Mentor – Both Felix Hernandez and Tim Lincecum had conversations with Randy that helped change the way they looked at their careers. See how the lefty helped to pay it forward as his career was winding
- Young Randy – He wasn’t always a dominating pitcher. There was a time when he was intimidating because of his lack of command. Hear how he harnessed his potential while in Seattle and how his time in the Northwest helped set the course for his Hall of Fame career.
- Jon Miller on reaching 300 wins – Jon Miller was the voice of the San Francisco Giants when Randy recorded career win number 300. Hear how Randy almost missed the celebration and which family member called the clubhouse to make sure he didn’t.
In addition, you’ll hear from Randy throughout the show on how pitching today differs from when he played, discover his affection for the fans in Seattle, and learn why the fans in Seattle deserve credit for his success.
Randy Johnson: Journey to Cooperstown debuts Friday at 3pm. It re-airs Saturday 3pm, Wednesday 3pm and throughout the season. It will be updated with ceremony highlights after his induction July 26th.
The regular Mariners All-Access will debut on Sunday.