This week on Mariners All-Access on ROOT SPORTS – the MLB Draft, J.A. Happ, and Ken Griffey Jr. on Jamie Moyer.
- Draft Day/Family Ties – The MLB First year player draft gets underway Monday and it brings back memories for several players including Ken Griffey Jr. and Mark Lowe (who was drafted on his birthday). It was also significant for Kyle Seager and Rickie Weeks to see their siblings drafted.
- Technically Speaking – Mark Lowe explains the change he made to his slider this year and why it’s lead to more results.
- Happ One-on-One – J.A. Happ was the opposing pitcher on June 13, 2012, when Matt Cain threw a perfect game. Saturday marks the anniversary of that game. Hear from Happ on what that game was like, how he’s improved as a pitcher since then and the biggest challenge for him now.
- Mark Trumbo One-on-One – Angie Mentink introduces us to the newest member of the Mariners and gets his thoughts on returning to the A.L. West, his impression of Seattle and how he’ll be utilized on this team.
- D.R.E.A.M. Team – The Mariners went to school on Thursday to talk to kids about how they can achieve their dreams.
- Griffey on Moyer – Jamie’s former teammate Ken Griffey Jr explains why Moyer’s fastball was unhittable and how the defense benefited every time he was on the mound.
Mariners All Access airs:
- Sunday noon, 4:30pm
- Monday 6:30pm
- Tuesday 3pm
- Thursday 6:30pm
- Friday 4pm
- Saturday noon