This week on Mariners All-Access on ROOT SPORTS Nelson Cruz gets a new appreciation for how far his home run balls travel, Tom Wilhemlsen deconstructs pitch selection, and J.A. Happ has an appreciation for soon-to-be Mariners Hall of Famer Jamie Moyer.
- Cruz New Appreciation for HRs – While in Baltimore last week we mic’d up Nelson Cruz and took him out to the locations of the deepest home run hit last year at Camden yards. The slugger had never before seen the perspective a fan sees when he hits a towering shot. Seeing how far away it landed from home plate gave Cruza new appreciation for what he does at the plate.
- Sound Tracks – Highlights and reaction from the best plays from the week – including Cruz’s game-winning homer in Tampa in the Ray tank.
- Technically Speaking – Tom Wilhelmsen describes all the factors that go into pitch selection.
- Beimel Effect – There’s no question the return of Joe Beimel helped solidify the bullpen. His teammates react to his impact and his “Wolverine” style facial hair.
- Cano vs. Pedroia – Two of the best second basemen in the league have opposite approaches to getting the job done. Infield coach Chris Woodward explains what it takes to be that good, and describes the work Cano does on a daily basis to stay sharp.
- Player they Wanted to Be… – Find out which Big League players the Mariners idolized when they were growing up.
- Happ on Moyer – J.A. Happ was a teammate of Jamie Moyer’s in Philadelphia. Hear why Happ thinks more kids should strive to be like Moyer, who is about to become the newest member of the Seattle Mariners Hall of Fame.
Here’s when you can catch Mariners All-Access on ROOT SPORTS this week:
- Sunday noon, 4:30pm, 7:30pm
- Monday 6pm
- Wednesday 6:30pm
- Thursday 6pm
- Saturday 6pm