This week on Mariners All-Access on ROOT SPORTS we get a look at Felix Hernandez through the eyes of opposing hitters, rookie fire baller Carson Smith tells us how he throw a slider and we check in on Danny Hultzen’s rehab.
- Maddux & Beltre on Felix – The King reached a strikeout milestone this week. He’s facing a string of AL East opponents in the coming weeks, but Mike Maddux and Adrian Beltre of the Texas Rangers give a report on what the upcoming opponents can expect to see from Felix.
- Cruz POM – Nelson Cruz is the American League Player of the Month for April. We take a look at his red not stats and impressive home run count.
- Technically Speaking – Hard-throwing rookie reliever Carson Smith describes how he throws his slider and how he developed his delivery.
- Mark Lowe back in the bigs – Carson broke a record set by Mark Lowe for consecutive scoreless innings to start a career. Injuries and maturity have caused a change in Lowe’s approach on the mound, but the former flamethrower is still loving the game and explains how he approached his time in the minor leagues.
- Danny Hultzen 1-on-1 –Danny Hultzen reached an important milestone last week as he made his first regular season start in 20 months. The voice of the Jackson Generals sits down with Hultzen to find out how he felt after the game and what the next steps are for the former first round draft pick
- Clubhouse music – It’s rare to walk into a silent clubhouse before the game. Find out who’s responsible for playing tunes and how they keep everyone happy.
Mariners All Access airs on ROOT SPORTS:
- Sunday — noon, 4:30pm, 10pm
- Tuesday — 6pm
- Thursday — 3pm, 10:30pm
- Saturday — 5pm