Mariner All Access
This week on Mariners All Access on ROOT SPORTS, Jen Mueller introduces us to the Mariners first draft pick, we hear from Mike Blowers on playing in the Windy City, and spend some time on the golf course for a good cause.
All Access debuts on ROOT SPORTS on Sunday at noon, just prior to the Mariners vs. Cleveland Indians game (pregame starts at 12:30pm, first pitch is at 1:10pm). Here’s the lineup:
- Alex Jackson – The #6 pick overall signed his contract and became part of the Mariners organization this week. Jackson suited up and took BP at Safeco Field. We’ll hear from Alex and his family.
- Blowers on Chicago – With the team heading to the Windy City this week, Mike Blowers relives a memorable game in which the wind cost his teammate a no-hitter.
- United Way All-Star Celebrity Softball Game Recap – The 2nd Annual All-Star Softball Classic raised money for homeless youth in Seattle, but also provided a number of smiles and highlights as Angie Mentink shows us.
- James Jones Speed – Speed kills. We’ve seen that a number of times with James Jones on the bases. We’ll take a closer look at his swing and why he traded in power for consistency and how he better utilizes his speed on the bases.
- Jones vs. Altuve – Jones gains an additional advantage being a left handed bat, but if you’ve ever wondered how Houston’s Jose Altuve puts up the numbers he does, you’ll want to see his swing compared to Jones.
- Mariners Care Cystic Fibrosis Golf Tournament – The Mariners spent the off-day this week on the golf course, all for a good cause.
- Bark in the Bark – The first ever Bark in the Park is coming up at Safeco Field on July 8. We’ll hear from the players who would love to bring their pooches with them to work.