This week on Mariners All Access on ROOT SPORTS, Robinson Cano, James Jones, and Joe Maddon on Lou Piniella.
All Access debuts on ROOT SPORTS on Sunday at noon, just prior to the Mariners vs. Detroit Tigers game (pregame starts at 12:30pm, first pitch is at 1:10pm). Here’s what’s on tap:
- Cano Breakdown: Words can’t describe and stats don’t do him justice… Robinson Cano is just that good. We dive into his discipline at the plate and the whip in his wrists. Broadcaster Mike Blowers and Mariners analyst Dave Valle also weigh in.
- James Jones shout out: James Jones came on like a house afire and hasn’t cooled off since rejoining the Big League team. Hitting coach Howard Johnson talks about what he sees in the rookie with the hot bat and speed on the base paths.
- Work of Art: Catcher John Buck explains the reason for his unique helmet, the custom artwork and why it won’t be going home with him at the end of the season.
- United Way All-Star Softball Challenge: Hear from Dan Wilson on why this cause hits close to home, and we put a face on homeless youth in Seattle by meeting Trai, a formerly homeless youth now working to improve the foster care system in King County.
- Education Day: The Mariners visited five Seattle area elementary schools to challenge kids to join the Mariner Moose D.R.E.A.M. Team. We’ll show you the highlights.
- Maddon on Lou: With the Mariners heading to Tampa, we check in with Ray’s Manager Joe Maddon to hear why he believes Lou Piniella was the last of the legendary managers.
- Soundtracks: Between Felix Hernandez, Chris Young, Mike Zunino and Robinson Cano it’s been a big week for the Mariners. See the highlights and hear straight from the players on those key plays.
Mariners All Access debuts Sunday at noon on ROOT SPORTS. It re-airs:
Monday — 6:30am, 3pm
Tuesday — 3pm
Wednesday — 12:30pm, 10:30pm
Thursday — 6:30am
Friday — 3pm