Mariners, All of MLB Stand Up To Cancer
At the Winter Meetings in Nashville today MLB had a special announcement – an auction of one of a kind items and experiences to benefit Stand Up To Cancer.
Over the last couple of years, cancer has (seemingly inordinately) affected members of Major League Baseball team PR departments.
“With so many of our friends and colleagues recently affected by cancer, we felt it was time for us to stand up and the Winter Meetings present the only opportunity each year when all 30 managers, general managers and all of the media come together,” said Josh Rawitch, Arizona Diamondbacks Senior Vice President of Communications and the Club PR official spearheading the charge. “With the unique access we are all fortunate to have to some of the game’s greatest treasures, it’s really our responsibility to do our part and we hope this is only the beginning.”
Among the items up for bid are a chance to be a member of the Mariners media contingent for a day, a pitching lesson at Safeco Field with Mariners pitching coach Carl Willis, and a gift pack of items autographed by Felix Hernandez.
Some of the other items include:
- Ride on the Orioles’ team bus to and from a road game in Washington D.C.
- Receive a visit from Washington Nationals pitchers Drew Storen and Tyler Clippard to your child’s school and eat lunch with them in their cafeteria.
- Watch three innings of a Red Sox game behind the fabled Green Monster at Fenway Park.
- Host a private party at your home with the Milwaukee Brewers Famous Racing Sausages.
- A tour of the MLB Network Studio with the hosts and behind-the-scenes tour during a taping of a show of your choice.
A complete list of auction items can be found here.