Vote for Mariners in the 2012 GIBBY Awards
Here is your chance to show your support for several Mariners by voting for the 2012 Greatness in Baseball Yearly (GIBBY) Awards.
- Felix Hernandez – finalist for Top Pitching Performance for his perfect game Aug. 15 vs. Tampa Bay
- Felix Hernandez – finalist for Starting Pitcher of the Year
- Mariners Combined no-hitter June 8 vs. LA Dodgers – finalist in the Top Pitching Performance category
- Tom Wilhelmsen – nominee for Breakout Player of the Year
- Brendan Ryan – nominee for Defensive Player of the Year and the Must C Play of the Year for his defensive gem to preserve the combined no-hitter June 8 vs. the Dodgers
- Munenori Kawasaki – nominee in the “oddity” division for his dugout dancing
- Video of a young Mariners fan being surprisingly reunited with his dad dressed as an umpire is a finalist for “Cut4″ topic
Major League Baseball’s A-listers will take home 2012 GIBBYs trophies — the ultimate honors of the sport’s awards season — based on votes by media, front-office personnel, MLB alumni, fans at MLB.com and the Society for American Baseball Research.
This year’s GIBBY Awards feature nominees in 21 categories. Individual honors will go to the MLB MVP, in addition to the year’s best starting pitcher, hitter, closer, setup man, rookie, breakout hitter, breakout pitcher, comeback player, defensive player, manager, executive and postseason performer.
GIBBY trophies also will be awarded for the year’s top play, storyline, hitting performance, pitching performance, oddity, walk-off, Cut4 topic and postseason moment, from MLB.com’s Must C highlight reels.
In the past four years, fans have cast more than 40 million votes across the various GIBBYs categories, none of which were restricted to individual League affiliation.
You can vote as many times as you want until fan balloting closes Sunday, Dec. 2, at 9:59 p.m. PT.
Winners will be presented their GIBBY trophies at the MLB.com Greatness in Baseball Yearly Awards extravaganza during the Winter Meetings in Nashville, Tenn., on Tuesday, Dec. 4.