Mariners All-Access from Japan
With Opening Day vs. the A’s less than 12 hours away in Japan (3:04 am PT), the excitement for the 2012 season is building. And ROOT Sports has you covered when it comes to coverage of the Mariners.
A special edition of Mariners All-Access airs tonight at 7 pm PT (and replays at 10:30 pm) with coverage of the Mariners trip to Japan. A special portion of the show features Manager Eric Wedge, infielder Alex Liddi and pitcher Hisashi Iwakuma visiting with Japanese youth baseball players in an area devastated by the March 2011 tsunami. There will also be interviews with Mariners players on their thoughts of being in Japan and opening the 2012 season against the A’s in the Tokyo Dome.
And for you night owls staying up for the season opener, set your alarm a little earlier for the debut of the Mariners All-Access Japan Show at 2:30 am (replays at 10:30 pm Wednesday night).
And just to keep you up to speed, here is how you can listen to (710 ESPN Seattle) and watch (ROOT Sports) the 2012 season opener against the Oakland A’s:
Radio Coverage (710 ESPN Seattle):
- LIVE PREGAME SHOW: 2:00 am
- LIVE GAME BROADCAST: first pitch at 3:04 am
- GAME REPLAY: immediately after the live broadcast, the game will be replayed in its entirety
- POSTGAME: after the replay, the Brock and Salk Show will serve as a de facto postgame show
- Radio broadcast also available on Mariners.com for subscribers
TV Coverage (ROOT Sports):
- ALL-ACCESS: MARINERS IN JAPAN: 2:30 am
- LIVE GAME BROADCAST: air time 3:00 am, first pitch at 3:04 am
- GAME REPLAY: 7:30 pm
- ALL-ACCESS: MARINERS IN JAPAN: 10:30 pm
- Game also available on Mariners.com/MLB.tv for subscribers
- MLB Network will air the game on tape-delay at 6 am PT, and will re-air later in the day at 7 pm PT. MLB Network will televise the ROOT Sports feed of both games, which will be available on MLB Network in the Athletics home television territory. The games will be blacked out on MLB Network in the Mariners home television territory